11/19/16

1- The Wolf and the Lamb - Gur û Berx

1- The Wolf and the Lamb*

Wolf,
meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay
violent
hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb
the
Wolf's right to eat him. He thus addressed him: "Sirrah, last
year
you grossly insulted me." "Indeed," bleated the Lamb in a mournful
tone
of voice, "I was not then born." Then said the Wolf, "You feed
in
my pasture." "No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet
tasted
grass." Again said the Wolf, "You drink of my well." "No,"
exclaimed
the Lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's
milk
is both food and drink to me." Upon which the Wolf seized him
and
ate him up, saying, "Well! I won't remain supperless, even though
you
refute every one of my imputations." The tyrant will always find
a
pretext for his tyranny.Gur û Berx
Rojekê gurek laqî berxikekê tê ku ji kerriyê xwe dûr ketiye. Niyeta Gurî xwarina berxikê bû lê wî dixwest ji bo vê hincetekê bibîne. Gurî xwe çeng kir ber berxikê û gotê:Xorto, par te heqaret li min kiribû.” Berxikê got, “Waaa” û bi dengekî melûl dewam kir, “Ez hê neketime sala xwe.” Li ser vê, Gurî got,Ev erdê min e tu diçêrî.” Berxikê bersivand,Min giya nexwariye.” Dîsa Gurî got,Te ji bîra min av vexwariye.” Berxika biçûk qîriya, “Na! Min av venexwariye. Şîrê diya min ji min re hem xwarin e hem vexwarin.” Li ser vê, Gur hilpekiya ser û dema ku ew xwar di ber xwe de got,Baş e! Tu hemû hincetên min pûç derxî jî, ez tI caran xwe
şîv nahêlim.”

Tîran her tim ji bo tîraniya xwe hincetan bibîne.


Provided by The Internet Classics Archive.
See
bottom for copyright. Available online at
   
http://classics.mit.edu//Aesop/fab.html

Aesop's
Fables
By
Aesop
Werger/Translation: Amed Çeko Jiyan, Flê Jiyan

No comments: